Research insights into biomolecular interactions
Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC) measures the binding affinity and thermodynamics between any two biomolecules. When substances bind, heat is either released or absorbed. Measurement of this heat change in an ITC experiment enables accurate determination of binding constants (KD), interaction stoichiometry (n), enthalpy (ΔH) and entropy (ΔS), providing a complete thermodynamic profile of the molecular interaction in a single experiment.
- Directly measures millimolar to nanomolar affinities (KD¬S) (10-¬2 to 10–9 M).
- Measures nanomolar to picomolar disassociation constants using competitive binding techniques (109 to 1012 M).
- Nonreactive Hastelloy cells for excellent chemical resistance and applicability with biological samples.
Fixed-in-placecells for reproducible, ultrasensitive performance with low maintenance.
- Precision liquid delivery system for accurate and reproducible injections.
- Coin shaped cell optimizes sample mixing.
user-selectableresponse times for application versatility. User-selectablemixing speeds to match sample conditions.
- Peltier controlled for rapid temperature equilibration.
- Includes ThermoVac™ sample preparation and cleaning device.
- Controlled by VPViewer™ software and data analysis performed with Origin™.
in-solutiontechnique: No labeling or immobilization required. No buffer restrictions. Easily handles turbid solutions.
|Measurement type :||
|Sample volume :||2mL|
|Cell volume :||1400µL|
|Injection syringe volume :||300µL|
|Sample capacity :||4-8 per 8h day|
|Cell material :||Hastelloy|
|Noise :||0.5 ncal/s|
|Temperature range :||2°C to 80°C|
|Response time :||20s (high feedback)|
|Multiple feedback modes :||Yes (passive, high gain, low gain)|
|Power :||100-240V, 50/60Hz, 120W|
11.5 kg (Calorimeter)
9 kg (Controller)
|Dimensions (W, D, H) :||
200mm x 370mm x 440mm (Calorimeter)
150mm x 410mm x 360mm (Controller)
|Temperature (operating) :||10°C to 28°C|
|Humidity :||0% to 70% RH, non condensing|